Our HAC Head Start children are getting ready to win the social competence race. By “social competence” we mean a child’s everyday effectiveness in dealing with both his or her present environment and later responsibilities in school and life. Social competence takes into account the interrelatedness of social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
Head Start and HAC embrace the following core set of values as the framework for increasing children’s social competence.
- A supportive learning environment not only for the children but Head Start parents and staff.
- A commitment to promote and to respect culturally diversity
- The empowerment of families through shared governance
- Promoting comprehensive health for both Head Start children and their families
- Respect for the in the interrelatedness of social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
- Recognition of individual differences while building a sense of belonging and community
- Fostering and engaging community partnerships
- Developing a continuum of care, education, services, that transcends the Head Start experience
[ Child Care Centers ] - [ Head Start ] - [ UPK ]
[ Family Day Care ] - [ Pre-School Special Education ]